After posting a new quick idea every day this week, I wanted to close with some fun food facts about me. Here’s a few random facts to help you get to know me better:
- Hold on to your seats… I don’t drink coffee. I think it smells good and sometimes tastes good (with lots of sugar and cream), but coffee makes me ultra-hyper and then I crash hard. I’m talking about shaking hands when trying to type and dancing in the halls (at work). Not good. I’m already naturally energetic and don’t need the extra caffeine. I do enjoy a cup of tea in the morning and love iced chai lattes with soy milk.
- Speaking of milk… I love milk. In fact, I just finished a glass while writing this blog. I grew up drinking a carton of milk at lunch everyday at school and it stuck with me. I crave glasses of milk. I fill my cereal bowl to the brim with milk—2:1 ratio of milk to cereal. I should be the next “Got milk?” spokesperson. Just saying.
- I hate lima beans. I think I was scarred as a child by this bean. I really despise the texture. But I love brussel sprouts, especially when they’re roasted with olive oil. I hate black licorice. I much prefer the red stuff. I love seafood, just not mussels, clams, or raw fish.
- Some people hate the grocery store. I spend hours at the grocery store. Sure sometimes I make quick pit stops, but usually I’m in there for a solid 1-3 hours. No joke. I read the nutrition labels, compare product prices, look for new products, sample food, chat with strangers, and linger in the bakery isle too long. Me and the G-store are tight.
- I love tapas. I like trying new things and eating lots of variety. A girl needs options! When we go out to eat, Mike and I usually share different appetizers as our meals.
- I recently tried nutella for the first time. And I’m hooked. Chocolately hazelnut goodness! But I’m not sold on their current ad campaign about being a “healthy” breakfast choice… that’s a stretch in my mind.
- I never miss breakfast. I usually eat it within 10 minutes of waking up because my stomach is almost always growling.
- I’ve always said I could survive on the three C’s: cereal, cookies, and condiments. I almost named this blog after my love of the three C’s. I eat cereal constantly. Right now I have 7 different kinds in my cabinet (that’s for 2 people). Dare I say this, but cookies are probably my favorite dessert. In fact, with that glass of milk I just finished, there were 3 cookies too. I am a condiments girl. The more options, the merrier. From wasabi sauce to banana ketchup from our St. Lucia honeymoon (more about that later), there are 34 different condiments in my fridge right now just on the side door alone. Which leads me to…
- I keep enough food in the house for a family of six. I seriously love food and need variety. However the budget can’t handle it, so I’m on a journey learning to scale it back for just two people. Any tips?
- I struggle with making homemade whipped cream. I’ve done it perfectly once for a tres leches cake (to die for!), but lately I’ve missed the mark. Sometimes the cream stays liquid and other times turns to butter (which isn’t a total waste—super yummy on toast or waffles). I will conquer whipped cream once again. It’s on my Lofty Goals list, so there’s no hiding.
One of the best meals I’ve ever had: an authentic Creole/Caribbean meal while on our honeymoon in St. Lucia. I’m sure anything would have tasted good after our 4-hour hike of the Gros Piton Mountain (2619 ft), but this meal was AH-MAZING!
Question: What are some fun food facts about you?