I have an obsession. An obsession with pumpkin. I love everything made with pumpkin. If it isn’t made with pumpkin, I’ll add it. (I’m exaggerating a bit, just a tinsy bit.)
What I’m not obsessed with: eating pumpkin straight out of the can. Gross. I like my pumpkin sweet.
Pumpkin Yogurt Parfait
- Start with a few heaping spoonfuls of yogurt. Plain Greek yogurt for this gal.
- Add one or two large spoonfuls of the star ingredient. Yes this would be the pumpkin.
- Top with agave nectar or honey, cinnamon, and granola. One can never have too many toppings.
- [Side note: If you’re feeling fancy, you can make multiple layers.]
- Stir together and swoon.
- Cook your favorite oatmeal. I’ve used quick-cooking oats and steel oats, but it’s amazing with Chai spice-flavored oatmeal.
- Add a dash of milk. I like vanilla soy milk for extra flavor.
- Add a large spoonful or two of canned pumpkin. You want more oatmeal than pumpkin.
- Top with sweetener and spice of choice and sprinkle with a few nuts for good measure. I like Agave nectar or brown sugar, cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, walnuts, and sometimes a dash of ground flaxseed.
- Mix ingredients together and enjoy!
One can of pumpkin lasted me a little over a week, kept covered in the fridge. Only because I’m not tempted to eat it right out of the can, unlike some other things… but that’s for another post.
Question: Pumpkin — Love it or hate it? (Gasp, if it’s the latter). To what other everyday foods do you add canned pumpkin?