Goat Cheese and Tomato on Focaccia Bread

7 Sep

One of my favorite snacks is goat cheese spread on bread with a slice of tomato and seasoned with salt and pepper. It’s simple and delicious.

I was able to pick up all the items at the farmers market and thought I would give a shout-out to the local vendors:

I purchased double cream chèvre (thyme and white pepper flavor) from First Light Farm & Creamery based in East Bethany, NY. They offer sustainably produced artisanal cheese made with cow’s and goat’s milk. This fall they’re introducing a pumpkin chèvre and I cannot wait to try it. You’ll soon notice that I love all things pumpkin and come fall, this blog will be loaded with pumpkin recipes.

Next, I got my hands on some organic tomatoes from Burning Bush Gardens in Rochester, NY. These sustainable farmers use an intensive soil-building program to produce high-quality, well-mineralized food.

Finally, I had to choose between many tempting breads. I settled on organic rosemary focaccia bread made by Bread For All, a community supported bakery in Rochester, NY. Bread For All is job-training program for local unemployed community members.

A twist on this snack is to add fresh basil (I used some from my mother’s garden) and a drizzle of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  I prefer it without because the balsamic can overpower the other flavors, but it’s a good variation.

Enjoy this snack anytime of the day… I know I do!

About these ads

7 Responses to “Goat Cheese and Tomato on Focaccia Bread”

1. Louise September 7, 2011 at 10:56 AM #

This looks so light and refreshing…….I am going to make it for our girls beach weekend! I need to start using my basil – it’s getting to the end of it.

2. Cookie and Kate September 8, 2011 at 10:34 PM #

Yum. You can’t go wrong with any combination of tomato, goat cheese and good bread. I’ll try it your way next!

• loftybites September 8, 2011 at 10:58 PM #

Thanks Kate! I have to tell you that the first blog recipe I tried after staring my blog was your perfect blueberry muffin recipe.. it rocks! I will be posting that in the near future for sure.

3. purabinaha September 9, 2011 at 10:43 AM #

Wow, what a great combination! I loved the simplicity of this bread!!

• loftybites September 9, 2011 at 12:05 PM #

Glad you liked it! Sometimes simplicity is perfection.

4. Madi @ Sit Down And Eat Your Peas September 9, 2011 at 9:18 PM #

Goat cheese, tomato, bread…couldn’t be more simply delicious! Looks beautiful!!

• loftybites September 9, 2011 at 10:58 PM #

Thanks for reading, Madi! Don’t we all just wish that every recipe was as simple… and delicious! ;)